Tyson Fury Says Joshua Announcement Is Coming — But One Huge Problem Still Hasn’t Been Solved
Boxing fans may finally be approaching the announcement they’ve waited years to hear. Tyson Fury said Tuesday that major fight news involving Anthony Joshua would be announced “imminently,” adding another strong signal that the long-discussed British heavyweight showdown is getting close. Netflix has also begun promoting Fury-Joshua, including airing promotional material during WWE Raw, giving fans even more reason to believe an official rollout could be approaching.
But there’s an important reason not to celebrate just yet. Sky Sports reports that Fury and Joshua still have details to finalize, with the location becoming a major point of discussion. Joshua promoter Eddie Hearn has pushed for the fight to remain in the United Kingdom, while New York has emerged as another possible destination. Hearn previously said he expected the bout to be finalized by the end of August despite the venue disagreement.
That’s why today’s development matters without overstating it. Fury isn’t announcing that everything is complete—he’s telling fans that news is coming. After years of failed negotiations, delays and false starts, the next announcement may finally provide the answer boxing has wanted. Until the date and venue are confirmed, however, Fury-Joshua remains extremely close rather than completely official.

